Hi Esteban,

Thanks for your answer. See more questions below.

> Am 04.01.2018 um 09:16 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com>:
>
>> On 3 Jan 2018, at 23:09, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You should double click on the pharo lines and looks in the update
>> pane you will see the updates (but you should pull from pharo to sync
>> your repo).
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:45 PM, Bernhard Pieber <bernh...@pieber.com> wrote:
>>> I saw that two pull requests were accepted and merged into the development
>>> branch. I had expected that Iceberg would show me them somewhere. However,
>>> in the branches pane of my repository the status pharo-project/development
>>> is shown as Up to date.
>>>
>>> Shouldn't there be some indication that new code is available to be merged,
>>> or am I misunderstanding Iceberg?
>
> you are misunderstanding iceberg :)
That's what I suspected. ;-)

> your repository shows the status of the image against your local copy of the
> repository, not the remote one.
> If you want to see those changes, you need to first “fetch” the remote
> repository (which will update the commits available in the local one).
> this is a task (fetching) that other tools do in background time to time (for
> example, sourcetree does it like when you focus on the window), to show this
> as a “live experience”, but we cannot do the same because a call to fetch
> would block the image (since FFI is blocking for the moment), then you will
> need to do that by hand until we get threaded FFI.
Is this fetching from the upstream pharo-project repository something I should
be able to do in Iceberg? I had assumed it is, but I could not find it? In
SourceTree there is a command called Refresh Remote Status. Is there something
akin to that in Iceberg?

> also, notice that updating Pharo from iceberg is a very bad idea, and you can
> have an unusable image after that (update other projects will usually work).
I am afraid I still don't understand. I thought that was the point of Iceberg?

If not, what is the suggested workflow for merged pull requests to the
pharo-project upstream? Should I build a new development image whenever new
pull requests are merged?

Bernhard