On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (it was broken since december)
>
> Which means latest vm versions are latest builds from OSVM:
>
> 64bit
>
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo64-mac-latest.zip
> http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo64-linux-threaded-latest.zip
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo64-linux-latest.zip
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo64-win-latest.zip
> 32bit
>
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-linux-threaded-latest.zip
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-linux-latest.zip
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-mac-latest.zip
>         • http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-win-latest.zip
>
> Hints
>
>         • MacOS VMs now are signed! This should fix a lot of problems we had
> before.
>         • Please take note that win64 build lacks all library dependencies,
> and many things will not work (working on that).
> Thanks to Fabio to help me put all the pieces together.

) > cheers,
> Esteban

Hi!

Just a little feedback.

Currently, at Synectique, we added Pharo 61 64bits build to our
Jenkins. Those builds failed **a lot** because of segmentation faults.
We added a mechanism to retry two times when there was a segfault and
even like that we have failing builds.

Since the restoration of the vms I removed the retry mechanism and I
added a hack to use the latest Pharo 70 vm
(http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo64-linux-latest.zip) instead
of the stable pharo 61 vm. Since then, there was no crash due to the
VM.
This is a great improvement.
Then I have a question: Is it plan to release new stable 64bit vms for
Pharo 61? Currently, our builds are based on hacks and if no problem
is detected with the latest vm it would greatly help stability-wise to
have official vms that does not crash 3/5times when we load a project.
Also, I understand it can be hard to backport vms with the resources
of the community. :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr