Hi Hernan,

> Hi Eliot,
>
> One could say that a pragma is a message without a method?
>
> I think pragmas were never been integrated properly into the system
> browser. We can browses pragmas with the PragmaCollection but what I
> mean is a pragma-aware browser. See for example, there are some
> pragmas where is easy to infer the meaning: <magritteDescription>,
> <gtInspectorPresentationOrder:>, and others <eProperty> where is not
> so clear. So even if we take <gtInspectorPresentationOrder:> is not
> easy with the current tools to find of which parameters makes sense. I
> always missed something like the annotation pane plugin or the quality
> assistant plugin in Nautilus, but for pragmas.

What Eliot is pointing out, is that integration is very easy to do as
long as you implement it the way Eliot describes it: you see a pragma,
you select it, search for implementors, and, voilà, you know what the
pragma is for and how it is used (and you may even get a comment for
the parameters).

Now, you can try to do that in Pharo, and, of course that doesn't
work: I can select the pragma <gtInspectorPresentationOrder: 40>,
search for implementors, and I get none. If I search for senders,
among the few hundreds of senders I get into my pharo 6 image, and
knowing that this should be inside the GT-Inspector-Core package, I
find:

#GTInspector class >>#extensionsPragma

Now, following senders of #extensionsPragma, I find about a dozen
senders (because there are multiple implementors of #extensionsPragma,
probably). One of the senders is probably the key:

ProtoObject>>#gtInspectorPresentationsIn:inContext:

And the use of #allNamed:from:to:sortedUsing: should give you a clue
about the argument (because, yes there is no comment about the
argument... or even if the pragma should have one...).

> This could be an excellent opportunity for Calypso to see how pragmas
> can be exploited in the way you describe.

As I said above, if used like Eliot describes, then it could be done
just by searching implementors of the pragma symbol.

Now, implemented as it is in Pharo, I suspect it will be hard to do
even for Calypso.

Regards,

Thierry