I used that in the past on intermediate representations, I feel it is very
useful to directly edit the code of methods with large control flows since
when you have many closing brackets ] ] ] ] you never know where to write
your code. Now it's specific to some use-cases such as algorithms where you
write methods with large control flows, in most methods due to object
oriented programming convention the control flow is not that big. In this
context other things could be possible (Smart suggestions to move code out
of loops, etc.)

--
Clément Béra
Pharo consortium engineer