Yes, it would be good to have those kind of methods. But there are some
other constraints to have into account :)
  - introducing these without introducing duplications is right now
complicated because streams do not share a hierarchy
  - having a common hierarchy is maybe complicated: ZnStreams should for
the moment be backwards compatible with Pharo>4?
  - using traits to avoid duplications would be good, but for now traits
are forbidden from kernel packages
        (otherwise we need to add traits in the kernel, + trait support in
the class builder, runtime,... and the image will grow MBs and the build
time will grow too)

About the naming, I'm for

 - #buffered / #bufferedWithBufferSize: size
 - #encoded / #utf8Encoded / #encodedAs: encoding
 - #usingCr / #usingLf / #usingCrLf /
#usingPlatformLineEndingConvention / #usingLineConvention:
aConvention

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer