Hi Stef & Sven,

On 13 April 2018 at 20:38, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I do not know if this is related to the OldStreamCleaningEffort but
> when I press store settings in the Settings browser I get a primitive
> failed.
>
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/21699/Store-settings-raise-a-DNU-primFlush

This is because the stream created in
SystemSettingsPersistence>>storeExactStoredSettings: is closed twice,
first in SettingsStonWriter>>store and then in
SystemSettingsPersistence>>storeExactStoredSettings:.

Previous versions of file streams have allowed the stream #close to be
called multiple times, however ZnBufferedReadWriteStream doesn't allow
this.

I think that since an already open stream is handed to
SettingsStonWriter, it shouldn't be closing the stream.  That will
resolve this particular problem.

It can also be argued that ZnBufferedReadWriteStream and co. should
allow streams to be closed multiple times for backward compatibility.
Sven?

Cheers,
Alistair