> On 16 May 2018, at 18:21, Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcus.
> I commented on github.

> <mailto:marcus.den...@inria.fr>>:
>

> > On 4 Apr 2018, at 18:02, Marcus Denker <marcus.den...@inria.fr
> > <mailto:marcus.den...@inria.fr>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some code is very “active”, executed all the time, e.g. collections,
> > graphics… or imagine if you work on the compiler or debugger.
> >
> > It would really be nice if we could test a change before accepting it.
> > Something like “Accept for Test” where magically the original method
> > does not change, yet, when running tests, the version of the code we
> > accepted for testing is executed.
> >
> here is a version done using a Calypso command:
>
>         https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1372
> <https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1372>
>
> missing:
>         -we need to have some visual clue in the footer
>         - a tool that lists all “accepted for test” method with the
> possibility to “commit” all at once.
>
> We will have it almost for free with Calypso as soon as this new metalink
> will be managed similar way as breakpoints.
> "Commit" is of course needs to be implemented.

I really wonder if this is the same as breakpoint. E.g. it only applies to the
whole method, it is not an “action”, so a guter icon
seems to be not the right visualization.

To me the fact that it uses a meta-link is purely an implementation artefact,
other than for breakpoints, watchpoints, where we annotate
the AST with actions…

        Marcus