> On 12 Jul 2018, at 23:15, Max Leske <maxle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Norbert,
>
> I was able to reproduce the problem and then identify the culprit, although
> what I don't yet understand is how this is related to the changes in Zinc.
>
> Anyway, the problem is that the file stream isn't properly flushed in ZnUtils
> class>>streamFrom:to:size:. Adding outputStream flush as the last statement
> fixes your problem. Apparently, StandardFileStream / MultiByteFileStream
> perform a simple close() on the file which, according to the man page on
> close(), does not guarantee that the contents have all been written to file.
> In this case a flush is necessary because the entire file is immediately read
> again.
>
> Here's a smaller test case for you to play with Sven:
>
> ZnClient new
>     url: 'https://github.com/zweidenker/Parasol/archive/master.zip';
>     downloadTo: '/tmp/foobar.zip'.
> bytes := '/tmp/foobar.zip' asFileReference binaryReadStreamDo: [ :s | s
> contents ].
> Transcript open; show: bytes size; cr.
> 5 seconds asDelay wait.
> Transcript show: ('/tmp/foobar.zip' asFileReference binaryReadStreamDo: [ :s
> | s contents ]) size.
>
> The output in the Transcript should be:
>
> 315392
> 318420

Thanks for the effort, Max, but I am confused about your runnable snippet. For
me (macOS, Pharo 7) is gives

318420
318420

as it should, reading the same file twice. Did I miss something or did you make
a typo ?

As for #close, it is my understanding that Pharo did a #flush before doing a
#close, but maybe that is no longer true with the new primitive streams, we'll
have to check carefully.

Good catch. I'll think about your suggestion (there are already #flush messages
sent, but indeed the last one would be missing).