On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 5:32 PM Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guille,
>
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 09:43, Guillermo Polito <guillermopol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 9:28 AM Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Stef,
> >> On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 09:20, ducasse <steph...@netcourrier.com> wrote:
> >> >

> >> The dev-7 branch loads fine in Pharo 8.

> > Nope, I think that name is good, and then we manage releases using tags.
> We have the following branches:
>
> What do you think of following the same naming convention as
> pharo-project/pharo, i.e. using branch names Pharo7.0 instead of
> dev-7?

> I think that would make it easier for newcomers.

Well, not necessarily pillar version 7 is for Pharo version 7, or pillar
version 6 is for pharo 6.
Until now, those namings were a bit accidental...

Actually, between pillar 6 and 7, the major change (user-wise, and not
implementation wise) is that it can be built without makefiles and works on
windows.
But the pillar parser and ASTs do not change (or not that I'm aware of).

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189