Hi Subbu

>> To do this work
>> - I had to review the AST-to-AST transformation, checking the output,
>> comparing it to what squeak does and so on...
>
> Guillermo,
>
> This is a superb effort! Thanks. Are you planning to write a paper on this
> part of your work? A blog? It can open new vistas for research students in
> Pharo.

We will see if we can produce a tutorial in how to extend the VM. Igor did it
in 2011 and we will redo it. Life is a cycle.

Then we would love to see if we can have a VMMaker repackaged (it should not be
difficult) with less code so that we can do lectures on the Pharo VM
and exercises for students with it. It is not really pedagogical to tell them
to jump over many not used classes.
And more important since we want to attract smart guys they will not take us
seriously if we present a system that is monolithic
- we got several times students asking why VMMaker could not be cut into
different packages and well they are right.

What I was thinking is that we should have soon a travis to build it
automatically with Pharo.
If you are interested to help please join the effort.
What guille showed us is that it was not difficult to do it in fact.

Stef