From: Pharo-dev On Behalf Of Christopher Fuhrman
Sent: Wednesday, 11 September 2019 13:31
To: Pharo Development List <pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-dev] Zero Conf for Windows 10

Did you try it in git bash (after installing git on Windows)? Git bash has a
lot of support (I think I used zeroconf that way before moving to WSL),
although it is not as much as cygwin.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019, 05:53 <vincent.blond...@polytech-lille.net
<mailto:vincent.blond...@polytech-lille.net> > wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to try to get a Pharo image (the headless one to try the new gtk
binding) through the Pharo Zero conf on a Windows 10 machine.

So, I ran in the Powershell and the cmd: curl
https://get.pharo.org/64/vmHeadlessLatest80 | bash

But bash is not recognized under windows, so you end by looking into the
http://files.pharo.org and look tediously for the vm or the image you are
looking for.

I was wondering if there are some projects aiming to use the windows cmd or
powershell for zeroconf. Otherwise, what will be the cost to do it?

(Of course, I could install Cygwin or MinCw (with some additional packages like
unzip which is not in the default configuration), but the goal here is to have
it on the shelf).

Thanks,

Vincent