Hi Ted,

I think it's the double dash —, which is pillar syntax for strikethrough
(https://bintray.com/squarebracketassociates/wip/download_file?file_path=DistributingPillar-wip.pdf

<https://bintray.com/squarebracketassociates/wip/download_file?file_path=DistributingPillar-wip.pdf>).
I’ve tried removing it and the pdf compiles neatly. Another solution is to
escape the dashes \-\- to get the double dash output in the final text (which
in latex renders as a long dash IIRC).

I’ve fixed it in the latest commit.