Hi,

I recently revised some code that I wrote in 2019 and prepared it for
publication.

UTF8String is a proof of concept / prototype alternative String implementation
for Pharo using a variable length UTF8 encoded internal representation.

There is a writeup with more details in the README on GitHub:

https://github.com/svenvc/UTF8String

The public methods are commented and there are some basic unit tests.

Just like the experiment of a SubString class that is just a [from,to] pair on
an existing (readonly) String (which I believe someone once did, but I can't
remember the details), this is another idea that might maybe one day be useful.

Sven