> El 25 jun 2022, a las 14:38, Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Now we can play with other interesting options.
> We can completely remove reformatting of code for DoIts and make the
> debugging more "transparent" for users:
>
> <simpleDoIt.png>
>
> Notice there is no DoIt header anymore . What is selected for the DebugIt
> command is what the user really sees in the debugger.
> I remember when for the first time I tried the smalltalk environment DoIt
> methods were a real magic for me.  With this view I would have much less
> questions.
>
> What do you think?

I like this much much better than what was that before!!

I’d suggest, for further improvement (but not blocking), that I’d like to see
the entire code and context of the do-it context.
Just showing the selected text makes one lose context.
Instead, it would be super cool to show the entire context + code of where the
selection was done, and that the program counter is set where the selection was
set.

Of course, now that I’m thinking about it, I would wonder how to resolve when
to *stop*.
Only showing the selected code solves visually the *stopping*. It is clear that
evaluation stops when we arrive at the end.