Damien,

I found the problem: #newForWin32 is missing the #new, so it sends the class to
do an instance's job.  I fixed that, but Monitcello was determined to undo my
efforts.  After a few tries at getting around that, I realized that it should
run on Linux, so I did the installation there and then added my fix so that it
should run on win32 also.  That appears to have worked.

I find that it cannot parse my "real" .bib files, but it does seem to handle
things that I build up from entries from Google scholar.  The bib files in
question are tested in the sense the LaTeX/BibTeX are happy with them, but I
have yet to try bibclean on them.  Is there any documentation or example code
available?

Bill