On 14 February 2012 19:50, Guido Stepken <gstep...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My suggestion: Drop COGVM. Expecially in the One click Image. Bad for Pharos
> reputation at that point of development. LLVM is much better choice.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7-Mjx6khr8
>
> Very interesting to see Squeak/Pharo running in CHROME. With "native client
> bridge", so objects, data may be handed over to Javascript engine ...
>
> Makes more sense for me than a isolated VM, no touch, ...

Hello again. In another thread. :)

Now just for the record, what you see here?
You see a Squeak VM, compiled for NaCl.
Yes, the very same VM which is used by Pharo.
You can also discover that very same VM is run on various
devices/environments without much changes.
Now you proposing to drop it, and use what instead? LLVM?
What is LLVM?
Here , read:

The LLVM Project is a collection of modular and reusable compiler and
toolchain technologies. Despite its name, LLVM has little to do with
traditional virtual machines, though it does provide helpful libraries
that can be used to build them.
---
So, it means that someone has to reimplement the whole thing on top of
LLVM, just to make the very same thing again, which we having already.
Good idea. Now go and do it.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.