On 20 Apr 2012, at 15:29, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 20 April 2012 13:46, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@beta9.be> wrote:
>> JB,
>>
>> On 19 Apr 2012, at 19:19, jb wrote:
>>
>>> i just downloaded 1.4, installed seaside using the  configuration browser
>>> and everything went great.
>>>
>>> i added a Zinc server adapator in the Seaside control panel and its all
>>> working fine.
>>>
>>> but then i went to set up the comet/streaming server and im kind of
>>> stumped.  there is only one kind of Zinc server adapter and when i try to
>>> use it for the comet examples they all complain about needing a server that
>>> supports streaming.
>>>
>>> what do i need to do to get a streaming server for the comet applications?
>>>
>>> thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> jb
>>
>> As author of Zinc I would like to help you, but I don't know what
>> functionality is expected from a server that 'supports streaming'. If you or
>> someone else could refer me to code and/or documentation that describes what
>> should be there, maybe I can try to help you.
>>

> If you remember we discussed that before. Mainly it  is about getting
> a stream for contents from HTTP response.
> i.e. something like:
>
> 'http://x.y.z' asUrl getContents
> where you get all contents at once, versus
>
> 'http://x.y.z' asUrl getContentStream
> where you get only a stream and can read incrementally from it.

I don't really remember ;-)

But I think I more or less begin to understand: some Seaside (client) code
wants to access the underlying socket stream to the client ? For reading and/or
for writing ? Inside or outside an existing request/response ? Inside or
outside the dynamic context of the request handling ?

In any case, this seems dangerous.

Can I read something about the intended use of this somewhere ? Example usage
code ?