I agree, except for silent updates.  One should at know what is happening, and
further be able to run a "broken" mixture, if only for debugging.

From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] on behalf of Igor Stasenko
[siguc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:48 PM
To: Pharo Development
Subject: [Pharo-project] VM , modules, packages and plugins

Seeing another thread about "is XYZ plugin there or not" or "what may
cause prim fail"
i REALLY suggest that we should stop and think..
This plugin's usage logic is inherently flawed.. (or i would say outdated)

What i would like to see one day is when i installing new code into
image, it pops up a message:
"Your VM missing an XYZ plugin for running this cool code, would you
like to download and install it? Yes No "

In case of Pharo, we should really start thinking about delivering
quality grade solutions, not something
which might work if you properly jump 2 times and whistle 7 times
while faced North"...

Look at what the practices which become common today in modern
browsers, and OSes - they updating themselves without a notice
and just asking you to restart it time to time. Why we cannot do the same?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.