A possibility would be the AST cache. During development, if you do things
like recompileAll or load packages the AST cache can grow the image size up
to 300 Mo. But this cache is deleted when saving & quitting the image.

Did you save and quit the image before looking at the memory size ?

It might also be bugs related to Morph as you suggested because there was
refactoring in it. We are investigating.