From: Pharo-users [mailto:pharo-users-boun...@lists.pharo.org] On Behalf Of
Daniel Lyons
Sent: 03 February 2014 18:52
To: Any question about pharo is welcome
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] Could Pharo be more idiot-proof?

PBK Research writes:
> As a supplementary point, I am trying to use PetitParser to parse
> natural language. From the examples it is clear that PP is designed
> with formal languages in mind. Am I wasting my time using it on
> natural languages? Has anyone else tried this?

What are you trying to do with natural language? Do you have highly regular
input and a somewhat restricted domain? I have used Prolog DCGs to mess
around with this kind of thing, and if you have a lot of control over the
input and your expectations you can make progress with a tool for formal
languages, but if you want to do something sophisticated or support
arbitrary inputs, you're probably wasting your time.

--
Daniel Lyons