Am 09.04.2014 um 17:29 schrieb itli...@schrievkrom.de:

> Am 09.04.2014 15:29, schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe:
>> Hi Marten,
>>
>> I will need (much) more detail, what are you trying to do that is not
>> working according to you ?
>>
>> As far as I know Zinc HTTP Components does the right thing and can be used
>> (configured) to do almost anything you want. It mostly depends on your mime
>> types and their charset options.
>>

> The browser sends UTF8 data and in my application code I get instances
> of ZnStringEntity and the contained string is converted to (?) ISO8859-1
> (?) or CP-1252 (?). This seems to be due to the fact, that the entity
> instance always has a ZnUTF8Encoder to do the conversion.
>
> I would like to have UTF8 everywhere ... without all these conversions …

There are no automatic conversions in Zinc. So Zinc is one of the pieces of
software I know that do not assume stupid defaults :) Did you specify a proper
Content-Type header including the charset information? Otherwise Zinc has no
chance of knowing what to use and the default NullEncoder will make your string
as wrong as your example above.

Norbert