I assume you mean there will be an inheritance issue if I want the
variables to be inherited with a default value by the subclasses, which is
a valid concern. Other than that you can have accessors for it as far I
know . But yeah in that case of inheritance you need some kind of
initialise method.

I have not played with class instance variables so no clue about that part.