Hi Kilon,

Le 30 sept. 2014 à 15:53, kilon alios a écrit :

> Actually the best thing to do when you 2 choices is to pick the third one. In
> this case its what I call "double mode" , you see it quite frequently with
> software synthesizer, as you can imagine a synthesizer is a complex
> electronic music instrument that can reach up to thousand of parameters
> easily so what designers have done is to create an easy mode and an advanced
> mode. In easy mode is for those that want to create sounds on the go, usually
> that means around 10-30 parameters buttons and advanced mode is divided into
> panels that can expanded collapse to control the complexity of the GUI that
> may contain even thousands of parameters.
>
> GUI design is a science and an art but yes you can have your cake and eat it
> too.
>
> I think with Versioner we can keep it small for now and then if it get a bit
> more complex go for a double mode.
>
> About collaboration  if you are familiar with git and github then nothing can
> beat this workflow . You create a repo in gihub, I fork it, and I then send
> pull requests to you, pull requests do not affect your code and you can
> choose what to merge and not to merge giving you complete control and me the
> safety that I wont brake anything. You can also comment the code directly
> using github web interface and of course the issue tracker for any issue that
> may be reported. If you are not familiar with git  or dont want to us it , I
> have no issues committing to smalltalkhub , I will create a mirror repo in
> github anyway for my work since this is how I work when it comes to my Pharo
> projects.
>
> The choice is your, I will now start studying the code and see what I can
> bring to it.

Sorry for the delay. I was about to move Versionner to git but finally, I
prefer to wait a bit before switching.
I cleaned up Versionner repository, i.e. give right package names so that we
can easily catch branches.
I think it will be the best way to collaborate for now: commit in a branch in
the current repository on SmalltalkHub. Please, create a new branch for your
contributions, and ping me if you have something to show or if you need help.

Best regards,
Christophe.