To complement Stef’s comment: Spec is the default UI builder framework for
Pharo and considered as ‘the way to go’ for building user interfaces of the
kind that you are describing. Considering the features of Spec, I think it
should have virtually all that you need and will be certainly much easier to
use than lower-level Morphic stuff.

Check out the chapter that Stef pointed out, and if there are any issues or
questions do not hesitate to post on this list!

On Oct 17, 2014, at 1:29 PM, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi craig
>
> The examples are in the class WidgetExample or ExampleWidget. Now we are not
> happy from a design point of view of having all these widgets
> creation on UITheme.
> You can also use Spec. There is a draft of chapters on
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/838/artifact/
>
> Stef
>

> On 17/10/14 09:11, Craig wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm new to Pharo although not to Smalltalk.  I did dabble with Dolphin about
>> 20 years ago, when it was first being developed, and did some quite cool
>> stuff.
>>
>> This time around I chose Pharo because I feel that Dolphin has strayed from
>> the pure OO model that I enjoyed back then.
>>
>> I've chosen a fairly ambitious GUI project as my Pharo primer.  The problem
>> is - which GUI framework to use.  The GUI that I want to build will be
>> static but complex with a menu, 2 toolbars, 20 odd toolbar buttons, and 3
>> (dockable?) windows, containing Trees, lists and text editors.
>>
>> Any suggestions on which GUI framework would suit?
>>
>> I thought about using PolyMorph, but I cannot find the examples in my Pharo
>> 3 image.
>>
>> Craig

PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile