Laura - not sure if this fits your bill, but I really find that PharoLauncher
is handy - it lets you easily download new Smalltalk images (maybe to track new
features in Moose, or Pharo 4.0) - before using it I had things lying around
where I had forgotten what they were for. This helped me put a bit of structure
around things and try out new stuff when I saw it mentioned on these mailing
lists.

Its on: http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/PharoLauncher

(It’s also a nice example of how to write a shrink wrapped Pharo application
that looks quite slick)

Tim