> Sounds good, could I try it and run all those benchmarks etc. on it on my
> PCs?
>
> Jan

With this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14290337/is-fwrite-faster-than-writefile-in-windows
It seems this all comes down to calling FlushFileBuffers.

You can check what would happen if we just disabling the explicit flushing
(comment out
self primFlush: fileID
in StandardFileStream>>#flush)
and run the benchmarks.

(Of course, I don't know what side effects this have, *I* think WriteFile
calls flush on
its own, and of course *if* this solves the problem, we can not just
disable call to flush in the
image, but have to change the windows file plugin).