Hi Dimitris,

> On 07 Dec 2015, at 23:12, Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have read that a metaclass (class side of the class) is initialised when
> its loaded to the image by monticello, Are there any other cases when the
> initialize method of the the metaclass is being called ?

Correct: a class #initialize is called when its code is loaded, but only if it
is not yet present or different in source code from what is already present
(this last point will bite you one day ;-).

Else, the #initialize should be called manually (for example to reload some
caches, or reset some system state). This sometimes happens in #postLoads or
install scripts.

I am not aware of any automatic invocations.

Sven