Le 27/04/2016 23:12, Nicolai Hess a écrit :

<mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com>>:

    Le 27/04/2016 22:55, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

            On 27 Apr 2016, at 22:52, Thierry Goubier
            <thierry.goub...@gmail.com <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com>
            <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com
            <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com>>> wrote:

            Hi Doru,

            Le 27/04/2016 22:38, Tudor Girba a écrit :

                Hi,

                    On Apr 27, 2016, at 10:17 PM, Thierry Goubier
                    <thierry.goub...@gmail.com
                    <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com>
                    <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com
                    <mailto:thierry.goub...@gmail.com>>> wrote:

                    Le 27/04/2016 21:26, Hilaire a écrit :

                        Now I remember I already asked several months
                        ago, and it does not
                        work.

                        Editing on the value does not work for me.

http://forum.world.st/GL-inspector-editing-attribute-td4837704.html

                        The same mis fortune is encountered with Pharo5

                        I don't imagine how it can be like that and I
                        fell unproductive now
                        with
                        Playground and GTInspector, althought I
                        acknowledge there are nice
                        ideas
                        in these new tools but it can't be at the price
                        of productivity.

                        Hopefully you can switch to Workspace and
                        EyeInspector.

                    With the help of Nicolai Hess, we worked a bit on
                    improving syntax
                    colouring for the EyeInspector and this has been
                    integrated. Maybe
                    someone can look into doing the same with GT (to
                    correctly set
                    #doItReceiver, #doItContext and a few other things
                    related to syntax
                    highlighting).

                What exactly is the problem in GT regarding syntax
                highlighting?

            If you inspect a morph (say GTInspector inspect: Morph new),
            when you
            type bounds (one of Morph instance variables) in the text
            pane below,
            you get a red == erroneous / undefined var.

        but that’s not a syntax highlighting problem: is a bindings
        problem :P

both

binding, because glamours smalltalk code mode automatically creates
bindings (when OCASTSemantic analyzer tries to
lookup a variable) (see glamours workspacebinding strategy)

Ah, this feature in that context is interesting...

At first, in our Morph example with bounds you get an undefined binding; and then, when you do it, it becomes a binding, so no more red, but it then masks the Morph instance bounds.

Challenging to explain, that one :)

Thierry

and styling
because for a "raw"-tab inspector pane, glamour does not set the
classOrMetaClass attribute of the styler.

    I can let you try to solve it by playing with the bindings ;)

    Thierry

        Esteban

            In the latest 5.0, in EyeInspector, it will correctly
            highlight bounds
            as a defined variable.

            Moreover, and the source of the first complaint, in GTInspector,
            inspecting bounds will give a nil answer instead of the
            morph bounds.
            Whereas EyeInspector will properly answer (0@0) corner: (50@40).

            Thierry

                Cheers,
                Doru

                    By the way, would someone know how to force the
                    styler to re-style a
                    text? When selecting another element in for example a
                    EyeTreeInspector, this changes the reference class
                    for syntax
                    highlighting (and the styler correctly picks that)
                    but the existing
                    text isn't re-colored.

                    Thierry

                        Hilaire