Joachim

I just confirmed that on Windows 10, Pharo 5.0 I get the same results you do (missing dependent class, ContextPart) when attempting to load Seaside3 from the Catalog Browser.

As I had mentioned previously, the Gofer instructions for installation, described on the Seaside website, seem to work fine, so you could try that.

Mark

On 6/19/2016 6:41 AM, jtuc...@objektfabrik.de wrote:

Mark,

I am sure I didn’t load all prerequisites. That’s what I thought the Catalog Browser and its machinery would do for me. If I understand Esteban’s answer correctly, that is the idea, but for some changes that haven’t been reflected for Seaside3 yet, it didn’t work.

So I guess the snippet you provided is the way to go.

Thanks for answering and looking into this

Joachim

*Von: *Mark Bratcher <mailto:mdbra...@gmail.com>
*Gesendet: *Sonntag, 19. Juni 2016 12:11
*An: *pharo-users@lists.pharo.org <mailto:pharo-users@lists.pharo.org>
*Betreff: *Re: [Pharo-users] Pharo 5 and Seaside

I'm running Pharo 5 on Windows. When I installed Seaside 3, I just used the instructions given for Gofer (entered in the Playground and executed there). I downloaded the base package:

Gofernew
url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
package:'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
load.
((Smalltalkat:#ConfigurationOfSeaside3)projectversion:#stable)load.

I also tried the alternative Gofer instructions shown, and they also worked without dependency error. So depending upon how you actually did your load of Seaside 3, maybe you didn't pull in all the dependent packages.

Mark