Hi,

> On Sep 17, 2016, at 1:05 PM, Damien Pollet <damien.pollet+ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Most important would be to check that what I do is compatible with how you
> use Pillar. I'm leaving in the terminal all day, so the workflow that I'll be
> pushing will be biased in that direction. (Hello, my name's Damien and I'm a
> shell addict… Hello, Damien!)

Ok.

I just tried the latest Makefile, but it does not work. Are you working on it?

> It will be difficult to get a perfect makefile that can do minimal
> incremental recompilations unless Pillar can export a proper list of
> dependencies of a document (and even then…). I remember mentioning that to
> Thibault and Yann but it doesn't seem to be there.

I need the same information for building tools.

> In the meantime my goal is to make it a bit more robust and to factor stuff
> as much as possible. I also intend to make it self-documented, using this
> pretty nice trick:
> http://marmelab.com/blog/2016/02/29/auto-documented-makefile.html

Interesting. However, given that we are anyway relying on Pharo, why are the
scripts not in Pharo?

> About the list of chapters in pillar.conf, for instance: if the document has
> parts, then chapters are not a flat list; it's one of those things where form
> is content is form…

Yes, indeed. Looking deeper I realize that we could scavenge the information
out of +include+ directives from pillar files. This should be enough to provide
a tree index view of all files.

Cheers,
Doru

--