On 17 September 2016 at 13:26, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:

> I just tried the latest Makefile, but it does not work. Are you working on
> it?

Are you trying the book archetype ?
(I'm trying not to do work stuff during weekends)

> Interesting. However, given that we are anyway relying on Pharo, why are
> the scripts not in Pharo?

Reimplementing make is just diluting manpower closer to homeopathic levels,
and pillar is already a proven cause of burnout.

> > About the list of chapters in pillar.conf, for instance: if the document
> has parts, then chapters are not a flat list; it's one of those things
> where form is content is form…
>
> Yes, indeed. Looking deeper I realize that we could scavenge the
> information out of +include+ directives from pillar files. This should be
> enough to provide a tree index view of all files.

Check this issue; there are already a couple visitors that could be
exporting this info, but they don't list everything, and don't output deps
as makefile syntax
https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar/issues/130