On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 11 Oct 2016, at 15:43, Vitor Medina Cruz <vitormc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was TTDing today with Pharo and some odd thing happened. I had a method
>> that just returned false and while debugging I could not step into it (i
>> wanted to change the method while debugging), I suppose the method was
>> inlined and so debugging was not available, is that correct?
>
> yes.

The same also happens for accessors that return an instance variable
directly.  I often find It unsettling, to be expecting one behaviour
and something different occurs, even if a moment later I implicitly
understand what happened.

Except of course that someone busy would have to do it, how hard would
it be for the debugger to un-inline the method so it can step into it?
 Are there any reasons not to do that?

cheers -ben