Here, Dmitry, try this code in playground...maybe helps you understand

| lookupClosure |
lookupClosure := [].
lookupClosure := [:cls :selector |
    (cls == nil)
        ifTrue: [Warning signal: ('selector lookup failure: ', selector)].
    (cls methodDictionary
        at: selector
        ifAbsent: [nil])
            ifNil: [lookupClosure value: cls superclass value: selector]
ifNotNil: [:meth | Smalltalk tools browser openOnMethod: meth]].
lookupClosure value: Array value: #at:put:.