> On 16 Oct 2016, at 18:34, itayy <itay.yaha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> i was building a an app with pharo and zinc,
> after i finished the first part  i wanted to upgrade the security and so to
> move from ws to wss.
> the server is on a windows based machine, and when i change from ws to wss
> nothing happens.
> im using pharo 5 as the server.
> do i need to install something else to navigate the secure traffic to the
> server? and if yes what? and what do i need to config?

Like I said in an earlier private email conversation:

Basically, you have to start a ZnSecureServer, give it a path to a (correct)
server certificate and add the ZnWebSocketDelegate to that server. That is the
theory, I don't remember if I ever tried this myself (the combination of both I

So the question is, who has actual experience deploying/running a secure web
socket server (wss://) ? On which platform ?

> if i run it on Linux will it solve the problem or do i need to config
> something also?
> if i use nginx gateway for wss then send it to pharo in ws will it work?

Yes, that last one could/should also work, theoretically.