Hi Otto,

for things like that, I would consider looking into the SmaCC visitor automatic generation. From an grammar, SmaCC creates the class, respecting an eventual inheritance constraint you specify, adds the instance variables, and generates the visitor (and an equality test too).

Regarding state machines generation, what class of automatons are you looking at? Because I'm looking at automatons generation by reusing SmaCC (for a tentative hardware architecture subject).

Regards,

Thierry