My personal feeling on code generators is they are a bad code smell and the
desire to use them tends to imply that your programming language isn't dynamic
enough.

That said I have used DNE on proto object proxies to capture messages sent and
generate handlers (I have used this on Morphic to try to figure out what
methods actually get called vs the ones that don't).

I have also used this sort of thing to build a model that matches a database
schema.

But I wouldn't typically make code generation a routine part of my development
process.