Hi Denis - I went to look at an early squeak version and I think I was
mistaken, properly drawn hierarchies were in VA and OW Smalltalks as well as
Dolphin.

Pharo doesn't do this well at all - pressing the hierarchy ,button draws the
hierarchy for the selected class only - even though you may be looking at 6
related classes in a package

Eg, if a package had classes A, B, C, D - I wish I could see

 +B
 +C
     +D

And not just one of the hierarchies like it does now. Eh if B is selected you
just get

+ B

and don't see the other classes at all.

I found it useful in a single browser to visually understand (even if it's
crude nesting) the relationships between classes. This greatly helps with
refactoring and comprehension. And reduces clicking on everything to build that
mental model.

How do people figure out relationships in code in Pharo, is there some other
tool?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone