On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
<offray.l...@mutabit.com> wrote:
> [...]
> notebooks authors have two options: split the document into several files,
> loosing the general overview of the document or a single long "reel" of REPL
> log, with too much detail at the same time (I have experience this by myself
> [1]). I think that org-mode and interactive outliners (as exemplified in
> [2][3])  are better suited to manage exploratory literate computing,
> interactive documentation, and the "emergent" order that writing implies.
>
> [1] http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/piamed/doc/tip/Afiche/narrativa.png
> [2] https://youtu.be/dljNabciEGg
> [3] http://xiki.org/screencasts/
>

>> If you remember I have
>> done a small show us "your project" last ESUG about some experience I
>> have done about be able to run Pharo code inside org-mode.
>

> Yes, I remember :-). I was also the "USB guy" in the orange cap team :-P, so
> I was taking care of logistics and didn't see as much as I would like of the
> event :-/
>

>> At the moment, we are quite interested in my research group to be able
>> to a kind of literate style of computing for modeling and simulation
>> of complex systems like simulation of epidemiology models. This is
>> something we can do with Jupyter but would be even more interesting in
>> the context of Pharo.
>>
>> Eve looks also very interesting but I have to read more about this one.
>
> [...]
>>
>> I really like what you done until now with Grafoscopio and I will try
>> to help and use it for own work in the future.
>

> Because of the uniform, moldable and integrated nature of Pharo, I think
> that Grafoscopio, even in its early stages, prototypes stuff that others,
> like Jupyter Lab, are trying to reach, for example trying to go beyond the
> notebook and having a extensible computing environment available to the
> notebooks. With Grafoscopio we already have that (thanks to being "inside"
> Pharo).
>
> Maybe a first try to integrate our work could be to have some Kendrick
> notebook in Grafoscopio. I have to fix some important bugs, but Grafoscopio
> is already usable for this kind of scenario and, of course, any help is more
> that welcomed!
>
> (There is still a nasty bug about playgrounds that produce text output
> replacing the playground code, but I hope to fix it soon).
>
>> I have to look to Fossil. Is it possible to linked in someways to git ?
>

> Yes, there is some fossil to git bridge. I will try to give support to
> fossil first, to have a smooth integrated experience, but that doesn't
> preclude the use of other DVCS to work with.
>
>> I was thinking that maybe that I will submit a gsoc proposal to have
>> some support in Jupyter notebooks for Pharo.
>> Apparently this not that difficult to built a basic support and after
>> that we can built some elaborate on top of it.
>> What do you about that ?
>>
>> Regards,
>

> I would like better a GSoC proposal to improve Grafoscopio, as a literate

This sounds like a good idea.  If the project proposal compares and
contrasts with the competitors,
as well as showing why its not a "me-too" project,
this would highlight the advantages of Pharo's approach and why its a
worthwhile ecosystem for GSoC to support.

cheers -ben