Hi,

Depending on what exactly you are doing, you could either use or look at the
source of:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~EvanDonahue/P2P

It is basically a simple API for setting up image-to-image networked
communication. You make a server object, set it running, and then open a
connection from a client image. The threading etc is all handled. A simple
chat system only takes a couple lines, and there is a well commented example
of a simple multi (3+) person chat server in the examples package. Yes, one
image does need to be the "server," but it only matters for setting up the
initial connection. After that, they are essentially peer to peer, and
either party can send to the other. I would imagine that this still fits
your requirements, unless you have a very special use case like UDP hole
punching, which I ultimately plan to implement one day when I return to this
project. But the current form is very stable and complete. Let me know if
you have any questions.

Cheers,
Evan