Hi everyone,

I'm currently experiencing problems with PipeableOSProcess. I'm using a
command to run a third party tool, which reads a txt file and returns an XML
string. In my collection, this works fine for about 75 out of 100 txt files,
but fails on the remaining 25 ones. However, the tool itself doesn't fail.
It works fine, if I issue the commands directly from a Terminal.

Here's an example of a command string that works:

/Users/silas/Documents/ExtendedEggShell/Moose6.0/ExtendedEggShell/tools/mac/
parsecit/bin/citeExtract.pl -m extract_all
/Users/silas/Documents/ExtendedEggShell/Moose6.0/ExtendedEggShell/examplePDF
sFromList/Ache00aScriptingCoordStyles.pdf.txt

And here's an example of one that doesn't work.

/Users/silas/Documents/ExtendedEggShell/Moose6.0/ExtendedEggShell/tools/mac/
parsecit/bin/citeExtract.pl -m extract_all
/Users/silas/Documents/ExtendedEggShell/Moose6.0/ExtendedEggShell/examplePDF
sFromList/Ardi97aSchemeTeaching.pdf.txt

This is how I apply these commands through PipeableOSProcess:

                xml := (PipeableOSProcess command: cmdString) output.

For the first command, xml is a large XML string, for the second command,
it's just an empty string. As I've mentioned above, both commands work just
fine in a Terminal. They both produce a correct XML string.

Does anyone have an idea why this could be the case? Is there a way to
access errors in the PipeableOSProcess, if there are any? Is there a better
way to issue terminal commands from Pharo?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Silas