Hi Alistair,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 7:09 AM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Holger,
>
> On 12 March 2017 at 21:46, Holger Freyther <hol...@freyther.de> wrote:
> >
> >> On 12 Mar 2017, at 19:32, Alistair Grant <akgrant0...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>

> >> $ ldd /snap/pharo/x1/usr/bin/pharo-vm//vm-display-X11.so
> >> not a dynamic executable
> >
> > your host doesn't have the 32bit libc library/dynamic linker?
>
> That was the hint I needed, thanks!!!
>
> After loading libc6, a couple of missing packages and adding a couple of
> i386 paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH it's all working.

I put all these in the dependencies of the snap. Probably we need to put
some of them (or all of them) also as runtime dependencies. I thought that
it was done automatically because of the tests I did. Of course these tests
were not enough :).

"gcc-multilib",
"libssl-dev:i386","libssl1.0.0:i386","libfreetype6-dev:i386","libasound2-dev:i386","libsm-dev:i386","libgl1-mesa-dev:i386","libx11-dev:i386","libice-dev:i386"

I noticed some days ago that the packaged VM did not contain freetype, so
there is something probably related.

I'd like to enhance this package.