Hi Steven,

Yes there is! It's called "Suggestions". Suggestions is a project started
some years ago by Gisela Decuzzi as an intern of RMoD. The main idea is to
propose actions based on the AST corresponding to the cursor. This means
that given the position of the cursor, suggestions already:

 - parses the code
 - selects the corresponding node
 - provides possible actions for the node. E.g.,
    - refactorings
    - code navigation
    - breakpoints and watchpoints (through Metalinks)

Check the SmartSuggestions package.

Guille