Hi,

we had a small discussion on discord about improving the audio/video quality of
recordings of past pharo days, where many recordings are really hard to see (or
completely unreadable), or the presenter is really hard to understand
(especially if they speak quietly or have a strong accent).

Obviously making really good recordings requires several people to focus on it
(which is hard on a small meetup), however two things could be imho introduced
that could help a lot, with little demand on attendees.

1) clip-on microphone
        * camera's mic will not capture good sound from 10 meters away over a
crowd of people making noises
2) VGA recorder (which goes between the presenter's computer and projector)
        * then we would have crisp video and not relying on the quality of the
camera

in fact this is very common format where in the final video you see primarily
the VGA output, and not camera capture from a distance (only on the presenter),
e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2WjJbmmoM

Unfortunately I am not attending Pharo Days this year (scheduling conflict), so
I can't help on-site, but I could help with post-processing where possible,
e.g. converting the raw audio/video/VGA streams into one (as in the linked
video) or something.

Peter