> On 17 May 2017, at 16:15, Cyril Ferlicot D. <cyril.ferli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 17/05/2017 16:02, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>
>> OK, that is an understandable example.
>>
>> But why exactly do you want Currency to be serialised differently ? You
>> don't want too many instances ? You want all instances to be #== ? Is
>> Currency too big ? You want to allow humans to edit the STON file ? What ?
>> Why ?
>>
>> You can easily make it Currency['Euro'] or even Currency[#Euro] like it is
>> already done for a number of built-in classes.
>>
>> The last example that I gave solved the 'too many instances', make them #==
>> issue.
>>
>> If it is size, that got covered too, but you must solve the problem of how
>> the receiving end will resolve the reference then.
>>
>> But since that is all no good, there must still be another requirement.
>
> Here it is a simple example to show what I want.
>
> The real use case is that in Moose, entities are really connected to
> their model, and if one of our classes contains an entity it would
> produce a really really really big ston file since it would export
> millions of entities.
>
> But there is a way to retrieve an entity of this model from its moose name.
>
> Thus, I would like to export only the moose name of the entities, then
> get the corresponding entity from a Model the user would have load
> before during the ston reading.

OK.

So there is some existing method that gives you the entity given its name ?

  MooseEntity class>>fromEntityName: 'mooseEntityName'

Right ?

So why can't you use the example that I gave you earlier, replace the UUID
string with the mooseEntityName string, and call the above method instead of
the #fromId: in my example ?

In STON, you will then see

  MooseEntity['mooseEntityName']

as value.