> On 7. Jun 2017, at 14:09, Stephan Eggermont <step...@stack.nl> wrote:
>
> Never refer to fixed versions unless you know why (you need to avoid a
> specific bug fix).

When wanting to have repeatable builds (e.g. for bugfixes) and in the
absence of other means to lock/define versions externally, I think using
a fixed version is the way to go.

> What is most likely is that there is some overconstrained configuration.
> Does your ConfigurationOfVoyageMongo or one of the configurations it
> pulls in refer to different versions of grease or magritte? Another
> issue can be that there are older configurations already loaded that
> conflict with the newest ones. Indeed, the ConfigurationOfMongoTalk
> is broken, refering to a fixed and older version of Grease.
> ConfigurationOfVoyageMongo should probably be using #'release3' of
> Magritte, but that doesn't break it.

Right. So we have a "OsmocomUniverse" build job that pulls in all the
apps into a single image. This helps to make API modifications and not
forget any of the client code.

The configuration has such dependencies:

ConfigurationOfOsmocomUniverse
        -> ConfigurationOfHLR
                -> ConfigurationOfVoyageMongo
                        -> Mongotalk
                                -> Grease A
                        -> Magritte3
                                -> Grease B
        -> ConfigurationOfSMPPRouter
                -> ConfigurationOfVoyageMongo
                        -> Mongotalk
                                -> Grease A
                        -> Magritte3
                                -> Grease B

What happens is that somehow "Grease A" gets loaded, then "Grease B" and
when it is time for "Grease A" again.. the system kind of explodes and this
is for Pharo3 and Pharo6. Now the question to me is.. why is this coming
up right now? Did MongoTalk change or Magritte3 or something else?

Is there an easy way for Metacello to try a mirror instead of the original,
e.g. to inject an older ConfigurationOfMagritte3?

holger