Hi Francis,

You write:

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote
> FIY
>
> UUID new asByteArray
>
> does not give a ByteArray because UUID is a subclass of ByteArray and
> asByteArray returns self

(Entering teacher mode)
This actually means that "UUID new asByteArray" does answer a ByteArray. It
will answer (as you mentioned correctly) itself. Since a UUID is a ByteArray
it means it will answer a ByteArray (in contrary to your statement).

To put it differently: The inheritance relation (UUID being a subclass of
ByteArray) is a "IS-A" relation. So any UUID is a ByteArray.

This means however the message "asByteArray" did not have to be send of
course (it is already a ByteArray). I was not sure the class UUID was
actually a subclass of ByteArray when writing my reply. Turns out it is.

Cheers,
Erik