With fast boot I had experiences where the restart wasn't enough and I had to
restart several times, but since I disabled fast boot restarting once was
always enough... so usually the first thing I do when windows boots is to check
if Pharo runs ok.

In some rare unclear circmustances (now I wonder whether it happened after
sleep) it broke after some time... but that happened only two or three times in
past ~6 months.

Also dual-booting increases the probability it seems... there were some
correlated issues regarding time and network card, but nothing conclusive.

Peter