I just wanted to thank everyone for their help in getting my pet project
further along, so that now I can announce that PharoLambda is now working with
the V7 minimal image and also supports post mortem debugging by saving a zipped
fuel context onto S3.

This latter item is particularly satisfying as at a recent serverless
conference (JeffConf) there was a panel where poor development tools on
serverless platforms was highlighted as a real problem.

In our community we’ve had these kinds of tools at our fingertips for ages -
but I don’t think the wider development community has really noticed. Debugging
something short lived like a Lambda execution is quite startling, as the
current answer is “add more logging”, and we all know that sucks. To this end,
I’ve created a little screencast showing this in action - and it was pretty
cool because it was a real example I encountered when I got everything working
and was trying my test application out.

I’ve also put a bit of work into tuning the excellent GitLab CI tools, so that
I can cache many of the artefacts used between different build runs (this might
also be of interest to others using CI systems).

The Gitlab project is on: https://gitlab.com/macta/PharoLambda
<https://gitlab.com/macta/PharoLambda>
And the screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNNCT1hLA3E
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNNCT1hLA3E>