On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 2:07 AM, TedVanGaalen <ted...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have now tried to run Pharo 6.1 32 bit with
> setting the screen resolution in
> macOS System Preferences to the following
> what they call "scaled resolutions" (read "non-native resolutions"),
> which are less that the native screen resolution:
> 3200 x 1800  and
> 1920 x 1080.
> In these resolutions the Pharo 6.1 32 bit works OK:
> that is, when repeatedly switching
> to and from full screen (using the green window button
> in the upperleft corner) the Pharo window content is then
> instantly correctly redrawn. Which is not the case with
> native UHD resolution:

> when maximizing the window is
> not redrawn and leaves white bands at the top and left side.

Is it possible for you to post screenshots of these, so we have a concrete
understanding of the behaviour?
(note posts are limited to 1000kb)

> if I e.g.moved an internal window like the system browser
> downward repeated window parts remain where it was.

If I'm guessing was you are seeing on this second point, in the past four
years I've seen similar behaviour a few times. I think this was on
Windows.  I lived with it and later cleared up on its own, "perhaps" when I
changed hardware (but this Windows -> OSX -> Windows several months
later).  I had a very-vague intuition the problem may be related to AMD
graphics chipset.  Google found other applications were having similar
problems.  An exotic interaction with some specific hardware driver could
account for why its not being widely observed.

Which typically is a window redraw issue.
> It then gets very sluggish and in the end freezes.
> I then have to Force Quit the app.
> Unfortunately Pharo dies then to fast to give some
> post-mortem crash.dmp.

In the window movement shadowing I saw, I didn't experience any sluggish or
freezing behaviour.

cheers -ben