H. Hirzel wrote:
Hello

I wanted to install the FileMan package through the catalog into Pharo
6.0-60510 (a.k.a 6.1).

FileMan is library used by Cuis Smalltalk and  also available for
other Smalltalk dialects -  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6333.

There is a FileMan entry in the catalog, but no description and 6.0
compatibility tag. So I tried that installation.

For two seconds then there was a note at the lower left corner of the
screen that there was an installation problem.

I wonder where I do find the installation log? This is necessary  in
such cases in order to spot the problem.

I would look into stdout, stderr (in Windows they are saved to file) and .changes file.

However in this case the solution was to go for the README of

     https://github.com/mumez/FileMan

It has

     Gofer it
           url: 'http://squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository';
           package: 'ConfigurationOfFileMan';
           load.
     (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFileMan) perform: #load.

Then 13 out of 16 tests pass.

Regards

Hannes